It is a lot more challenging than one may think, especially when you live in a small little Spanish Bungalow... Not too mention all of the other difficulties- like running a business on your own including: shipping, packing, managing, maintaining, posting, finding " finds of the day", and so much more. It is a lot of work, but I love it. The biggest struggle for me is the number of items/merchandise and my lack of space.
I love the idea of a minimal, clean, simple living space and/or workspace. I have combined the two...
and with the space I have... it feels nearly impossible to achieve my desire. SO, I have gotten very creative with storage.
Things that I have found to be attractive, but great for storage and display :
• old trunks , luggage
• crate ( wire + wood )
• old traveler cases
• prayer stand (?!?!)
• jars and pitchers ( I am obsessed with typography glassware)
• and few odds and ends that aren't necessary but make it feel a little more... shop-y , special, fun.
I've just been playful with what I have found. For instance, the kneeling/prayer stand, I found this piece and LOVED IT. I knew I didnt have room, but I thought " I am going to make it work "...
and now it gives me a little more storage / space.
It is important to implement pieces and items you love in your workspace. Because if you love your work... you need to love the space you work in as well.
It is a struggle, not sure if I mentioned but my room is approximately 99 sq feet, I need to cram a whole lot of goodness into my under 100 sq foot room - jam packed with greatness....
* please note im not perfect, if only there were more hours in the day*
Those are also my clothes on the rack..." my closet ".... or my favorites. My husband uses our master closet and I used to use our spare room closet but that is now used for merchandise/ storage.
There we have it, my little room. Mixing the things I love with a few odds and ends from amazon (which is amazing for storage solutions). Here is an summary of what I got to make it happen:
• Rolling Laundry Butler ( has been a life saver- I fill it with my outgoing shipments, and storage boxes, envelopes, cards, etc on the bottom shelf) heavy grade clothing rack ( amazon), Jiffy Steamer (amazon)
• Crates & Luggage ( images from SSO - I recommend looking on etsy)
•Lighting - industrial, metal, etc (etsy)